Sunday, August 31, 2014

Glowering skies, rain and mist- O' Winter is on its way!

...these herald in a change in seasons.   I realize the autumn equinox is around September 22, but the weather these last 2 days indicates the season change.   The wind and rain, with last nights downpour for a few hours indicate a shift from summer to fall.   I long for the change and enjoy living where there are still four distinct seasons in the year.    Last winter was quite a doozy and the meterologists are predicting the El Nino shift or some sort of Polar vortex again this winter.   Well I for one will enjoy it.....walking to wherever one needs to get to in a day....missing days of work which I am very fortunate to have the leave time to allow me to not work and still get paid.  Just being snowed in or iced in for a long time.   My activities include , baking bread letting it rise naturally in the bread pan.   Rationing what is in the fridge to make it stretch a few days until the weather breaks.   Reading , reading and more reading of all the books I got from the library before the storm, perhaps the great winter storm of the last
century.  Drinking steaming tea with honey and refilling the bird feeder and knowing in my small way that I have provided for natures small creatures both for their lives and my enjoyment.

No comments:

Post a Comment